Friday, June 7, 2024

Mystery actors

[Click for a much larger view.]

Elaine identified one of these fellows right away. I recognized another. One remained a mystery until we checked the credits. Can you identify one or all? Leave your answers in the comments. I’ll drop hints if they’re needed.

*

The name of the fellow on the right is now in the comments. Here’s a clue for the fellow on the left: he became a leading man. Yes, really. But don’t overlook the fellow in the middle. In later life he managed a hotel.

If nothing’s happening, I’ll add the answers in a comment later today.

*

The names of all three actors are now in the comments.

More mystery actors (Collect them all)
? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ?

comments: 6

Anonymous said...

don defore

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, on the right. My clue for him would've been "in later life, he played a maid man."

Fresca said...

Far left looks like Robert Mitchum?

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, that’s Robert Mitchum. I guess I’ll spill the beans: the movie is The Human Comedy (dir. Clarence Brown, 1943). The actors are Mitchum as Quentin Gifford (his first screen appearance), Barry Nelson (the manager of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining) as Dana Norman, and Don DeFore as Bernard Anthony. All three are uncredited.

Fresca said...

I got one! I got one! I almost never get these.

Michael Leddy said...

Huzzah! It’s so strange to see Mitchum looking goofy. I had no idea about Nelson, who has the most lines of the three.