Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Mystery actor


[“Uh, I ain’t got no change.” Click for a larger view.]

That cabbie just received a mighty big tip. You might suss out his identity by recognizing some of the other faces and doing some crafty searching, but the real question is: do you recognize him? I did, right away, which makes me think that this mystery will be a tough one. Leave your best guess in the comments. I’ll drop one or more hints if necessary.

*

Here’s a hint: this actor is probably best known for playing an avuncular fellow with a mustache.

*

Oh well. This actor’s identity is now in the comments.

More mystery actors (Collect them all!)
? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ?

comments: 5

The Crow said...

He was a popular character actor. I recognize his face, but don't know his name. I remember the movie; about a family during WW2 awaiting the return of the husband/father. Was Joseph Cotton the family friend?

Michael Leddy said...

That’s the one. I’m going to add a hint.

The Crow said...

Found him, but maybe someone will remember his from one of his many other movie and television roles, so I won't give it away. (1944 movie.)














0

Michael Leddy said...

Okay, I’ll keep it quiet too.

Michael Leddy said...

As friends of Lassie should know, he’s George Chandler, Uncle Petrie Martin. He’s seen here in Since You Went Away (dir. John Cromwell, 1944).