Thursday, October 20, 2022

Mystery actor

[Click for a larger view.]

Do you recognize her? Leave your best guess in the comments. I’ll drop a hint if one is needed.

*

Hint: She was good company, and her favorite meal was “lunch.”

*

Oh well. I put the answer in the comments. You’re still welcome to play on the honor system.

More mystery actors
? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ?

comments: 4

Michael Leddy said...

That’s Elaine Stritch as Phyllis Rycker, an Eve Arden-like friend, in The Human Factor (dir. Michael Curtiz, 1956).

Stritch didn’t like the movie: “The first film I did was shown in a Greenwich Village art house as a laughable exercise in how not to make a movie.”

Fresca said...

Wow, didn't recognize her at all!

The Crow said...

I thought she was Shirley Booth; didn't have my glasses on. Put my glasses on and had no clue!

Michael Leddy said...

I think she looks older than her later self. Maybe it’s because she was so unhappy with the movie. : )