Monday, November 23, 2020

Mystery actor

[Click for a larger view.]

This one’s tough, I think. Do you recognize her? Leave your best guess in the comments. I’ll drop hints as appropriate.

*

Here’s a hint: She’s best known for her work in commercials. But even then, you’ll probably need to look up her name.

*

This one is tough. I’m adding the answer in the comments.

More mystery actors (Collect them all!)
? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ?

[Garner’s Modern English Usage notes that “support for actress seems to be eroding.” I use actor.]

comments: 7

The Crow said...

Only a first name comes to mind: Inga or Ingeborg, but I have no idea why.

Chas M said...

That nose, the cheek bones... is it James Woods?

Michael Leddy said...

I’m going to add a hint to the post.

Michael Leddy said...

It’s Jan Miner, best known as Madge the manicurist from Palmolive commercials (“You’re soaking in it”). Here Miner appears as Rosie Wilkin in the Naked City episode “Sweet Prince of Delancey Street” (June 7, 1961).

The only reason I know who Jan Miner is: a previous mystery-actor post had a guess about Eve Arden as Madge, which prompted me to find out who did play Madge. So when I saw Jan Miner’s name in Naked City credits, I said Aha.

Chas M said...

I showed this to my wife and she went, "She looks familiar.... the Palmolive lady" just like that.

Michael Leddy said...

Talk about facial recognition. I’m impressed.

Daughter Number Three said...

Oh funny, I just saw this after you posted the answer, and I swear that before I checked the comments I thought, is that Madge?