Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Rainbow Quest, all of it

I just discovered that the complete run of Pete Seeger’s 1965–1966 television series Rainbow Quest is at YouTube.

I watched at least some episodes as a young folkie, when the show must have been in repeats on New York’s Channel 13, and I recall being well-prepared enough to record Reverend Gary Davis’s appearance, holding a cassette recorder’s microphone up to the television. (The other guests for that episode: Donovan and Shawn Phillips). Though I still haven’t seen all episodes, I think that one must be a high point. As is an episode with Paul Cadwell, Mississippi John Hurt, and Hedy West. And for sheer (and painful) human interest, there’s the final episode, with June Carter and Johnny Cash.

The IMDb page for the series has details, episode by episode.

Related reading
All OCA Pete Seeger posts (Pinboard)

comments: 0