Monday, November 30, 2020

Mystery actor

[Click for a larger view.]

Do you recognize her? Leave your best guess in a comment. I’ll drop hints if needed.

*

Here’s a hint: She’s best known as the co-owner of a Santa Monica aoartment complex.

*

The answer is now in the comments.

More mystery actors (Collect them all!)
? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ?

[Garner’s Modern English Usage notes that “support for actress seems to be eroding.” I use actor.]

comments: 8

shallnot said...

I don’t recognize her. But, I think you could do a “Separated at Birth” post with her and Kathy Bates...

Steven

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, I see a similarity esp. around the mouth.

Chas M said...

Judy Davis?

Michael Leddy said...

Someone else. I’ll add a hint.

joecab said...

She looks like Audra Lindley (aka Mrs. Roper) to me.

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, that’s Audra Lindley. I would never have recognized her without the closing credits. This screenshot is from the Naked City episode “Which Is Joseph Creeley?” (November 15,1961), in which she plays “Mrs. Creeley.” The credits give the character’s name as Sheila Braden, one of several inconsistencies in the show’s credits.

joecab said...

Whoop! She had that same sideways “Stanley!” look she’d give on Three’s Company.

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, she does. I’ll never see Three’s Company in the same way (not that I even know where to see it).