Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Mystery actor



Do you recognize him? I didn’t. Leave your best guess in the comments.

Here are links to posts with a dozen more mystery actors, from Naked City , Route 66 , and “the movies”:

? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ?

comments: 10

shallnot said...

Anthony Quinn? At least the eyebrows might be his.

misterbagman said...

Looks like a young and smooth-faced Anthony Quinn, but he would have been older by the time Route 66 aired, and in any case was at the height of his big screen career then, and would not likely have appeared on TV in a single episode. I am curious to learn who this is.

Michael Leddy said...

It’s Anthony Quinn in The Ox-Bow Incident (1943).

(That was fast.)

Michael Leddy said...

P.S.: Antonio Rodolfo Quinn Oaxaca.

Pete said...

The National Hellenic Museum here in Chicago has an exhibition of Quinn's sculptures. I've only seen it from outside, through the tall windows, but even from the sidewalk it's pretty impressive work. (I'm not sure why the museum is exhibiting his work. Yes, he played Zorba the Greek, but he was Mexican-American.)

misterbagman said...

Somehow I got the reference to other Mystery Actor posts conflated with the description of this photo. Yep, that's how I would have expected AQ to look in 1943.

Michael Leddy said...

You can imagine my surprise when looking him up and Le arning that hewas born in Mexico. I assumed that he was Greek, because of Zorba.

Michael Leddy said...

Typos courtesy of my fingers and my phone. Learning. He was.

The Subliminal Mr Dunn said...

I would have got that one!

Michael Leddy said...

Okay, partial credit. :)