Friday, December 1, 2017

Mystery actor


[Click for a larger, perhaps more recognizable view.]

I think this one is tough, but when I think they’re tough, other people find them easy — and vice versa. At any rate, the actor is appearing in his first credited film role. Do you recognize him? Leave your best guess as a comment, and enter as often as you like. I’ll drop a hint if necessary.

*

11:00 a.m.: Here’s a hint: medicine.

11:26 a.m.: Another: water.

12:56 p.m.: This post has had many, many visits but no more guesses. I could add another hint: think boat. But I’ll reveal: it’s Bernie Kopell, best known as Dr. Adam Bricker, “Doc,” from The Love Boat. Here he plays an assistant to the Guru Brahmin (notice the photo, lower left) in The Loved One (dir. Tony Richardson, 1965).

That was tough.

More mystery actors
? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ?

comments: 7

Chris said...

He looks familiar enough that I can hear his voice, but I can't place him. Hmm...

Michael Leddy said...

Here’s a hint: medicine.

Chris said...

I thought Richard Deacon, but now I'm thinking of someone who was a regular in M*A*S*H...

Michael Leddy said...

I added another hint to the post.

The Crow said...

I got Bernie right away, couldn't remember if that was his first name or the character's name. Medicine and water didn't help, though.

Michael Leddy said...

I didn’t know the character had a name until I looked it up. I just thought “ship’s doctor.” I guess I need to start paying closer attention to The Love Boat. :)

zzi said...

If I was watching that clip I might think the guy from "Mary Tyler Moore". Of course "Shmart drop your gun" Sorry I don't speak German.