Friday, December 11, 2020

Mystery actor

[Click for a larger view.]

Ya got me. But perhaps someone will get it. Leave your guess or more certain answer in the comments.

*

Or perhaps no one will get it. The only hint I can think to offer: She’s best known as the co-owner of a Santa Monica apartment complex. Yes, it’s her again, really. Her name is now in the comments.

More mystery actors (Collect them all!)
? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ?

[Garner’s Modern English Usage notes that “support for actress seems to be eroding.” I use actor.]

comments: 4

Michael Leddy said...

It’s Audra Lindley, Helen Roper of Three’s Company, last seen in this post. Here she appears as Grace Youngham, on the phone to the 65th Precinct all the way from Arkansas, in the Naked City episode “A Case Study of Two Savages” (February 7, 1962).

Elaine said...

Jessica Tandy?

Michael Leddy said...

Elsine, I’m glad you guessed before seeing the answer in the comments — I think it’s a good guess.

Michael Leddy said...

Elaine. I can’t trust my phone with my words (or my proofreading).