Monday, June 26, 2017

Mystery actor


[Who?]

Do you recognize her? Do you think you recognize her? Leave your best guess in the comments. I’ll provide a hint or two if needed.

*

Three hours, and not one guess. Here’s a hint: this actor is best known for a role that required a wig.

More mystery actors
? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ?

[Garner’s Modern English Usage notes that “support for actress seems to be eroding.” I’ll use actor.]

comments: 7

Geo-B said...

So, I'm guessing Inger Stevens is way off? She looks very familiar.

Geo-B said...

Wait, Carolyn Jones?

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, that’s Carolyn Jones in Shield for Murder (dir. Howard W. Koch and Edmond O'Brien, 1954).

count reeshard said...

Arriving late to the scene of the crime, prior to reading the correct ID I nearly offered Audrey Totter as a guess. She and Ms. Jones shared topographically significant cheekbones and both labored in the noir trenches. (My just having re-watched both 'The High Wall' and 'The Lady In The Lake' may have influenced my judgment as well.) The still used in your post points up the aspect of Ms. Jones' visage which kept her employed as 'the Woolworth's Bette Davis' through much of her earlier career. And then she became Morticia, for which both I and so many others will remain grateful.

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, she has Bette Davis eyes.

I just saw a little of The Lady in the Lake on TCM — I can see the Audrey Totter resemblance.

Steve said...

Wasn't she Morticia in the original Addams Family TV show?

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, that’s her.