Wednesday, October 4, 2017

“The Poet”

This post contains the text of a second short piece of fan fiction, by me: “The Poet,” a Timmy and Lassie story. Featuring a Major American Poet! This story began as what if and quickly turned into why not. Why not?

“The Poet” assumes a working acquaintance with the Lassie world, “outside Calverton,” and with some poetry. Click on each image (left, right, and again) for a readable page. Whistling the opening and closing Lassie themes is optional. In its Martin-farm form, Lassie was a major part of my childhood.

 
 
 
 
 


Related reading
All OCA Lassie posts (Pinboard) : “The ’Clipse” (more Lassie fan fiction)

[Sources for the old poet’s words: “The Figure a Poem Makes” (1939), “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” (1923). Suffice to say that the old poet of this story is a figment of someone’s imagination.]

comments: 4

Stefan said...

Bravo, Michael. That was the pleasantest time I've spent reading in a week. Spent doing anything in a week. I love the "mighty barks."

Michael Leddy said...

I’m glad you enjoyed it, Stefan. I have to admit — it’s more fun than I imagined writing this stylized silliness. Be careful in the woods!

Fresca said...

I have made a little prize for you over on my blog (it's a bit rough, but feel free to repost it, if you want).
http://gugeo.blogspot.com/2017/10/for-michael-bob-timmy-lassie.html

Michael Leddy said...

Now linked!