Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Mystery actors

[Men with hats.]

Do you recognize either actor? Both? A tweet about this image reveals the identity of the fellow on the right. But if you don’t peek, you have two mysteries to solve. I’ll drop hints if needed.

Daughter Number Three pointed me to the tweet with this movie shot. Thanks, Pat.

*

9:47 a.m.: That was fast. Both actors are now identified in the comments.

More mystery actors (Collect them all!)
? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ?

comments: 7

shallnot said...

RIGHT: the lop-sided grin should make it Alan Hale, Jr.

LEFT: eludes me but I’ll probably kick myself when I see the answer.

Michael Leddy said...

That’s the skipper, yes. I’ll add a hint for the other guy if no one gets it, or him.

Anonymous said...

Don DeFore, famous for the 1960s comedy Hazel.

The Crow said...

Yep, got Hale, Jr. The actor on the left in the image - can't remember his last name but I think his first name is Don.

Michael Leddy said...

Yes. The two appear here in It Happened on Fifth Avenue (dir. Roy Del Ruth, 1947).

I found DeFore immediately recognizable (the mouth). I’m not sure I would have recognized Hale.

The Crow said...

I got Hale by the tilt of his head and grin. I could hear him saying, "Now wait, little buddy" to Gilligan.

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, he already looks skipper-like here.