Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Mystery actor

[Click for a larger view.]

Easy? Not easy? I’m not sure. Leave your best guess in the comments. I’ll drop a hint if one is needed.

More mystery actors
? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ? : ?

comments: 6

Anonymous said...

Ellen Corby

shallnot said...

If I’m right: easy. If not...

Ruth Gordon

Michael Leddy said...

It’s Ruth Gordon as Anna Stensgard in Edge of Darkness (dir. Lewis Milestone, 1943). She appeared in two movies in 1943 but didn’t appear in another until 1965. My clue was going to be that the theater was one of this actor’s specialities. (I remember that word from Rosemary’s Baby.)

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, readers, for playing.

Fresca said...

I knew it couldn't be Frances McDormand, but she came to mind.

Michael Leddy said...

Kinda, yes.

The funny thing: I knew she was in the movie from the credits, but it wasn’t until I heard her voice that I really knew it was her. It was like watching Rosemary’s Baby, almost.