Friday, October 21, 2022

DuckDuckGo for Mac beta

“With built-in protections that make the Internet less creepy and less cluttered”: the DuckDuckGo browser for Mac is now available to all. Read about it here. Download it here.

*

First impression: slow. And it broke the NYT front page. But it’s still in beta.

[Safari.]

[DuckDuckGo.]

comments: 4

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update!

i tried it on one of my pages i visit and found out that google is a big part of the page. ha!! google not anymore.

i already had duckduckgo as my search engine in firefox so to have it as a browser will come in handy.

kirsten

Michael Leddy said...

Seeing the numbers of trackers is always astonishing to me, even though I should expect it/them by now.

Stephen said...

I've been using Firefox with the EFF Badger, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, and NoScript plugins. It is probably no major surprise - many pages don't render properly with this setup.

Michael Leddy said...

I’m usually in Safari with Stop the Madness, Vinegar (for YouTube), and Wipr, with everything working well. I’m surprised to see that DuckDuckGo has no extensions available.