Saturday, November 21, 2020

What next?

As the walls close in and clichés multiply, how long before Donald L. Trump* makes an explicit claim that COVID-19 was created to destroy his chances of re-election?

[L. is not a typo.]

comments: 4

Chris said...

I've already seen the claim made that it was developed by the Chinese working in tandem with the Democrats, and moreover that the Democrats have been secretly vaccinated (I guess I missed the memo). Bonkers stuff!

Michael Leddy said...

Good grief. Those are new to me. After Robertson Davies, the next selection for our household reading club will be Charles Mackay’s Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds.

Zhoen said...

It's like Rule 34, but with politics and Yrumpers. If you can think of it, someone already has a conspiracy about it.

Michael Leddy said...

You made me remember that water fluoridation was (is?!) a Communist plot.