Monday, October 21, 2019

Hi and Lois watch


[Hi and Lois, October 21, 2019. Click for a larger view.]

Anything can happen in a Hi and Lois interstice. Take today’s strip: the window has moved behind Ditto after losing its glass and strangely placed muntin. (I think that’s a muntin.) Or Ditto has moved to the empty chair, which would seem to require that the table has added a fifth side to accommodate Chip. A pepper shaker has appeared on the table. The burgers have gone from “Tasty” to “Ug.” Properly spelled ugh. But Hi still isn’t home from work.

Other things I notice: Ditto’s chair curves at the top, which means that the chairs are not a matching set. Unless Lois “clears” by first removing cutlery, the meal has been eaten without forks and knives, and perhaps without napkins. Which makes me wonder what might have been served from that bowl.

Related reading
All OCA Hi and Lois posts (Pinboard)

comments: 2

Fresca said...

"Muntin"!
I was just saying I don't know the names for parts of windows.
Impressive.

Michael Leddy said...

I learned it years ago in the process of close-reading Hi and Lois. Really.