Sunday, July 14, 2024

News

A $15 contribution to ActBlue will no doubt prompt cries that the attempt on Donald Trump’s life can be blamed on “the radical Left.” I don’t know what those who will blame “the Left” will say about the would-be assassin’s Republican voter registration. My suspicion is that the real issues will prove to be mental illness and access to weapons.

I like what Fresca’s friend Marz had to say: “I don’t want us to live like this. I want to be part of the calm in the craziness.”

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Michael--I love what Marz said. I am tucking her words in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a great comment fromm marz to think about and ponder. and that calm is exactly why i have not watched any of the news on tv. 9/11 did me in for watching continuous coverage on horrible events -- non-stop blabbing and trying to be the ones who bring it.

    kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsten, I remember, post-9/11, sitting awake at 3:30 in the morning watching the scene at the remains of the World Trade Center. Not a healthy way to spend time.

    After watching CNN last night and hearing Dana Bash talk about political violence in the United States without even mentioning January 6, I’m pretty much giving up. And how we’re supposed to dial down our feelings about the election when one candidate does indeed represent a threat to democracy, I don’t know. Trump is still who he was before yesterday’s violence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a former volunteer reporter for the campus student newspaper, I long for the day when people realize that, compared to traditional media, social media is lacking in journalism ethics, and any peer pressure for ethics.

    It is as if people think, "It must be true or they wouldn't have forwarded it."

    ReplyDelete

Play fair. Keep it clean. No potshots and no derailing. Thanks.

I moderate to keep out spam. Comments won’t appear at once, but they don’t disappear, so there’s no need to post a comment more than once.