Monday, September 6, 2021

Michael K. Williams (1966–2021)

One of his roles: the trickster-god Omar Little on The Wire. The New York Times has an obituary.

An Omar-related post
The meaning of “rip and run”

comments: 3

Anonymous said...

One of the most talented actors that I really liked!! He was fantastic in Boardwalk Empire and The Wire.

Time to watch those 2 again.

Kirsten

Fresca said...

Nooooooooo!
I had seen MKW in Emilio Estevez's The Public--I'd been disappointed that he was cast in a stereotypical Black man role--a homeless man with native smarts... Hoped he'd have been cast as the main character, the mild librarian who gets gumption!
But of course he stood out, brilliantly, and I was hoping to see him in more things...

Fresca said...

P.S. I didn't mean just to complain (in my above comment).
I'm personally sad that MKW had died; I feel a loss, like when Philip Seymour Hoffman died. Gone too young--they had good work to do that I wanted to see.