Sunday, September 5, 2021

Starring Robert Mitchum

We were visiting Robert Mitchum in Los Angeles, courtesy of a friend in the industry. We met Mitchum in his apartment. It was an older Robert Mitchum that we met. He was sitting in a light-brown recliner. He was taciturn but not unfriendly.

He had no plans, nothing he had to do, so we took him out to lunch, perhaps to the now-defunct Clifton’s Cafeteria. We were seated with some other people at a long table. I was on the other side of the table from Mitchum, and at the greatest possible distance. It was impossible to ask him what Jane Greer was like when she was off camera.

Then he agreed to come back to our house, because he still had no plans, nothing he had to do. Did he want something to eat, to tide him over between lunch and dinner? Takeout Thai food?

I was about to ask him about Jane Greer when I woke up.

Related reading
All OCA dream posts (Pinboard)

comments: 4

Unknown said...

You had me.

Michael Leddy said...

And the dream had me. Honest, I was surprised to find it was a dream.

Fresca said...

I hope there will be a sequel in which RM answers your question...

Michael Leddy said...

Or a dream in which Jane Greer herself drops in. But if she’s in character, she might not be a reliable witness. But who cares? : )