Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Methods of communication

Selena Gomez, Steve Martin, and Martin Short appeared on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert last night. They were talking, of course, about their Hulu series Only Murders in the Building.

SC: “Now there’s a lot of texting in the show. Do you guys have your own text chain between the three of you?”

SG: “No, it’s strictly e-mail with these guys.”

SM: “But when we started communicating, we were using pay phones.”

See also “Aloha, Mabel!”

comments: 4

Fresca said...

I haven't seen Only Murders..., only ads for it-- would you recommend it?

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, with enthusiasm.

The Crow said...

A few weeks ago, I stumbled across an ad for Only Murders and was looking forward to seeing the first episode, figuring if it wasn't any good the time spent watching wouldn't be a total waste. Well...SURPRISE! It is great entertainment; well-written, well-acted, funny as you would expect from the two Martins, with surprisingly good acting from Gomez, who I didn't know.

I recommend binge-watching from episode 1; the hook will pull you in. Character and story development will keep you watching!

Michael Leddy said...

Elaine and I watched the first three episodes last Tuesday, and the new one last night. And now we have to wait again. I expect that there will be more cameo surprises on the way.

I’ve been thinking that the chemistry between the three leads could be better, but then they’re neighbors who didn’t even know each not long ago. I wasn’t thinking clearly.