Wednesday, September 1, 2021

“Aloha, Mabel!”

From “How Well Do You Know Your Neighbors?,” the third episode of the new Hulu series Only Murders in the Building. Charles-Haden Savage (Steve Martin) is conferring with Oliver Putnam (Martin Short) on how best to get in touch with their neighbor Mabel Mora (Selena Gomez).

“Let’s see if Mabel's free. I’ll call her. Or should I text?”

“Calls bother them for some reason.”

“Yeah. I think it’s a text. What sounds more casual? ‘Dear Mabel,’ or ‘Greetings, Mabel’?”
And then: “Hey, I figured out the perfect greeting for the text.”

Mabel reads a text message that begins “Aloha, Mabel! and ends “Best, Charles-Haden Savage” Mabel writes back: “fyi you don’t need to sign your texts” She reads the reply: “Okay! See you SCONE! I meant SCONE! Duck, sorry SCONE.” [Click any image for a larger view.]

comments: 0