Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Calendaring and efforting

Calendaring and efforting ? I learned about them just a couple of days ago, but they’ve been around for a while. Columbia Journalism Review has them covered: “When nouns are turned into verbs.”

What do I think about efforting ? Eff that!

comments: 2

Diane said...

(Hmmm, I picked Google profile and nothing happened.)

How's this from a 2023 CBS News article?

The streaming giant is currently trialing a lockdown on Netflix account-sharing in Chile, Peru and Costa Rica.

https://www.cbsnews.com/essentials/netflix-password-sharing-crackdown-5-affordable-streaming-alternatives-to-try/

Michael Leddy said...

Trialing? I think that I would always first see it as a typo.

Leaving comments with a Google profile has become unnecessarily difficult in macOS and iOS. In Safari, you have to turn off “Prevent cross-site tracking” or there’s no signing in. I’m going to guess that’s the problem. I just had to turn it off to leave this comment, on my own damn blog.