Wednesday, November 22, 2023

The Apostrophe Protection Society

The Apostrophe Protection Society, founded in 2001, ceased operations in 2019. Its founder, John Richards, died in 2021. Now, under the leadership of Bob McCalden, the APS is back (The Irish Times ). Here’s the society’s website.

The apostrophe plays a small but critical role in these pages. My favorite apostrophe: the one that brought me a box in the mail, marked RATTLE OK.

Related reading
All OCA apostrophe posts (Pinboard)

comments: 4

Fresca said...

I love the story about the vegetable brushes 😄

Michael Leddy said...

What I didn’t mention in that post: I brought the box into a freshman comp class as evidence that details matter. I don’t think I ever saw a class so impressed with me. He got free stuff!

Fresca said...

LOL. Even if just a free veggie brush!

Michael Leddy said...

He sent three (three!) brushes. Plus a banana keeper.