Friday, November 10, 2023

Desk reboot

I have long been a horizontal organizer. Any surface will do. (What’s a floor for?) Students coming to my office sometimes said “This looks just like my room!” They were delighted. Me too.

My desk at home has always accumulated objects — after all, it’s just another horizontal plane. These photographs from 2015 and 2020 will give you an idea. But hey, look at me now:

[Click for a larger view.]

I traded in my old desk (a kitchen table) for an inexpensive standing desk, which meant that I needed to think about a new horizontal plane. Almost three weeks later, it’s still devoid of clutter. Where did everything go? Into a six-drawer storage cart or a trashbag. Neatness, or at least invisiblity, counts.

A related post
FEZiBO standing desk : Five desks

comments: 4

Elaine Fine said...

Don’t you mean two six-drawer storage carts?

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, but the other one is still nearly empty . : )

Fresca said...

That's so tidy, it's almost scary, but attractive too.
I deploy a "hide-a-cloth" for invisibility--just throw it over any clutter!

Michael Leddy said...

We’ll see what happens. I like the idea of a cloak of invisibility, but it’d be hard to use the desk that way. : )