Monday, November 6, 2023

“Mondays are dark”

I heard this expression for the first time this morning. Obviously, I have not spent enough of my life among show people.

[“Dark”: the theater is closed.]

comments: 4

gz said...

An interesting phrase. Never heard it..even though art galleries are usually closed on Mondays, like theatres.

Hi, via Fresca's blog

Michael Leddy said...

Restaurants too, at least often, at least in the States. I haven’t done any looking to suss out where “Mondays are dark” has currency. If I find anything, I’ll report back.

Fresca has a way of connecting blog readers/writers, doesn’t she?

gz said...

She does so.
And people in her place of work too.

I am so glad that she has some of my art to go on her wall...and the girlettes have some of my wee pots

Fresca said...

Hey! Hi, that’s me!
(Never heard that phrase either.)