Thursday, June 16, 2022

The pardon list

“I’ve decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works”: John Eastman, in an e-mail to Rudy Giuliani.

He didn’t make it.

comments: 5

Pete said...

Nothing belies a claim of innocence and legality quite like seeking a preemptive pardon.

Pete said...

The White House lawyer Eric Herschmann's advice to John Eastman ("Get a great effing criminal defense lawyer, you're going to need it") reminded me of the scene near the end of "On the Waterfront", when Charlie Malloy (Rod Steiger) hands his brother Terry (Marlon Brando) a gun and says, "You take this. You're gonna need it."

Michael Leddy said...

That’s perfect. Everything about these hearings makes me think of the workings of a crime family and its associates.

Pete said...

Trump as Johnny Friendly. Makes sense.

Michael Leddy said...

I didn’t realize until a minute ago how much John Eastman in his hat and coat on January 6 reminds me of Charlie Malloy. Rolling Stone is now reporting that Trump is leaving Eastman to fend for himself.