Monday, August 31, 2026

Faces

If you follow Aaron Rupar on Bluesky, you may already have seen the current occupant nodding in and out of consciousness this afternoon.

What really caught my eye though was his facial expression as he prepared to answer a question (at the eight-second mark). It may be normal to fall asleep as Howard Lutnick goes on and on. But that kind of facial expression? Not normal. It was there a few days ago as well. I think that’s the face of dementia.

Is it irresponsible to speculate? I don’t think so. What’s really irresponsible is journalists’ refusal to ask obvious questions. “Mr. President, you sometimes appear to be asleep while members of your cabinet are speaking. Could you comment on what Secretary Lutnick said earlier?”

2 comments:

  1. If this were somebody other than the president of the United States, he would be attended to, and moved aside, for his completely irrelevant and inappropriate actions, respondences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how insane it is that being in a position of authority gives him a pass.

    ReplyDelete

I moderate comments to avoid spam. Please be patient. Thanks.