Brett Terpstra’s Graffiti Moe is a free service that appends a random quotation to a Mac Terminal window.
I rarely use the Mac Terminal, but I couldn’t resist contributing a couple of quotations.
One, from an informal list of rules for a college art department, found in Learning by Heart, a book by the artist Corita Kent:
Rule 7: The only rule is work. If you work, it will lead to something. It’s the people who do all of the work all the time who eventually catch on to things.I shared Rule 7 on syllabi for many years and wrote a post about it in 2005. (And note: the list of rules is not the work of John Cage.)
Two, a lyric that appears in the OCA sidebar:
I'm not afraid to get it rightI’m a Sufjan fan, and I’m especially a fan of this song (another version), which our fambly performed at a local coffeehouse some years ago.
I turn around and I give it one more try
Sufjan Stevens, "Jacksonville"
So far there are 129 contributions. If I were using the Terminal, I’d be happy to have any one of them brighten the day. You can see the most recent ones and add one or more of your own at graffiti.moe/add. (Why not?)

comments: 0
Post a Comment
I moderate comments to avoid spam. Please be patient. Thanks.