Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Ikea phone index-card stand

[Click for a larger stand.]

When we were out in Los Angeles for a few days, our daughter Rachel gave us each an Ikea phone stand. A nifty gift for those who have traveled with just a backpack apiece.

There’s just one problem with these stands: they don’t accommodate a phone in a case, at least not our phones. But the stands make great index-card holders. I’m very happy to have repurposed another household item for stationery purposes.

Thank you, Rachel.

More repurposing
Cooling rack : Dish drainer : Doorstop : Shaving-cream caps : Tea tin : More tea tins : Yogurt jar

comments: 5

Joe DiBiase said...

I have a few of these at my house. They just barely fit my phone with case. Too bad they don't fit your phone, I find them quite useful. You might try these, which I also have, and are somewhat better in that they accommodate a charging cable while the phone is in the stand.

Michael Leddy said...

Nifty. Thanks, Joe.

I’m not sure if the post made it clear — I’m thrilled to have another repurposed object for holding index cards.

Michael Leddy said...

I revised a bit to make my joy in repurposing clear.

Fresca said...

Rather snazzy.

Have you read Jenny Diski on the joys of the stationery closet at workplaces? She explains carbon paper from the children.
https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v36/n15/jenny-diski/post-its-push-pins-pencils

Michael Leddy said...

OMG! Fantastic. Thanks, Fresca.

My moments in my department’s supply room, always in the company of a secretary, were pretty giddy. I’d never seen so many gradebooks or dry-erase markers.