Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Boop, Twinings, jars


[Click for a larger view.]

The pencil cup from Sólo con tu pareja prompted Fresca to photograph pencil cups, which in turn, &c. So here are nine, mine.

Elaine and I carried them downstairs and into the light. Behind Betty Boop and the Twinings tins, please imagine two Bonne Maman jars, an anonymous jar, a china cup, and a plastic cup.

I’ve had the older square Twinings tins since student days. Each is printed with a “4/84” on one side — the date of the tins’ manufacture, I’d assume. The newer Twinings tins make excellent index-card holders. We have six of those scattered around the house for making quick notes.

For more pencil cups, see the Bleistift blog’s Pencil Pot of the Month posts. And reader, if you’d like to post a photograph of your pencil cup(s), leave a link in the comments.

[Elaine gave me the Betty Boop mug many years ago. I have long subscribed to the adage of the Betty Boop & Bimbo Club: “Keep your eyes open and your mouth closed.”]

comments: 4

Fresca said...

Wonderful!
But, where do you keep your scissors?

Michael Leddy said...

They’re with the rulers in a Republic of Tea canister on a shelf.

Slywy said...

I found another wood one I bought at Settlers Day so am going to to have to gather up and take another photo. And have an old NYT one.

http://www.slywy.com/pencil-holders-got-wood-workshop/

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, I remember those now.