Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Unchained medley

We were driving past an Applebee’s, so I gave out with a faux-spirited rendition of the Cheers theme, a song not long ago in use in the chain’s television commercials, ending with “You wanna go where everybody knows your name.”

And Elaine sang in reply, “I wanna be where the people are.”

Related reading
All OCA domestic comedy posts (Pinboard)

comments: 3

Anonymous said...

and one of the most disturbing(?) versions of that song --https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-RycNKdJk

yes, i know you wrote medley but still one of my favorite songs. ; )

i have so many songs stuck in my head that I will hear phrases and immediately flash on a song with the same words.

between my brother and i it's always "is there gas in the car?"

kirsten

Michael Leddy said...

His voice is still there, but gosh, that’s difficult to watch.

Referring to the basis for the pun is totally acceptable. : )

I had to look up “Is there gas in the car?” But I think I’m an outlier.

Fresca said...

Clever title. 😉