Monday, July 10, 2023

Revising again

Now that I can get through to ChatGPT and see what it offers, I have added one more don’t to How to e-mail a professor:

Don’t ask AI to write an e-mail for you. At least not if you want your e-mail to sound like the work of a human being.

Here’s how AI asks for an assignment:

Subject: Request for Assignment Details - [Course Name/Code]

Dear Professor [Professor’s Last Name],

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to request the assignment details for [Course Name/Code]. Unfortunately, due to [mention the reason why you missed the class or did not receive the assignment]. I would greatly appreciate it if you could kindly provide me with the necessary information and any additional materials related to the assignment.

I understand the importance of the assignment in furthering my understanding of the course material and demonstrating my knowledge and skills. Therefore, I am eager to catch up on the work and submit it within the given timeframe. If there are any specific instructions, requirements, or a designated deadline for the assignment, please let me know so that I can begin working on it promptly.

Additionally, if there were any announcements or updates related to the assignment that were discussed in class or shared through the course platform, I would be grateful if you could inform me about them as well. This will ensure that I have access to all the relevant information and can complete the assignment to the best of my abilities.

Thank you for your understanding and support in this matter. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by my absence from the class or any oversight on my part. I truly value the opportunity to learn from your expertise and contribute to the course.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. Should you have any questions or require further clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Thank you once again for your assistance.

Sincerely,
[Your Full Name]
[Your Student ID/Number]
[Your Email Address]
[Your Contact Number]

comments: 0