Friday, July 29, 2022

“I Like my Sleep!

[Dig the spats. Life, October 14, 1940. Click for a much larger view.]

I found this advertisement while looking, as usual, for something else. I have a soft spot for Al Smith. As a college freshman in an American history course, I wrote a term paper on his 1928 presidential campaign.

Have you ever heard Smith speak? Listen to the governor’s comments upon being presented with the first post-Prohibition case of beer in New York State. Priceless.

This post, with a Pullman car in it, is for my friend Diane.

[I’m not sure how Al Smith was able to underscore an exclamation point when speaking, but so be it.]

comments: 2

Anonymous said...

http://www.idaillinois.org/digital/collection/pshs/id/11769

Michael Leddy said...

I think they were kicked off the bus in It Happened One Night.