Friday, February 4, 2022

Lunch plans

I had lunch early this morning in a restaurant on Fordham Road. The good ol’ Bronx! I found the restaurant by looking at tax photos, c. 1939–1941, in the NYC Municipal Archives Collections.

I don’t know what I ate.

Related reading
All OCA dream posts (Pinboard)

comments: 2

Anonymous said...

It wasn’t Fordham Road. It was 29-87 Third Ave in the Melrose neighborhood. The Eldorado Cafe. Yelpers have reported this dive diner as permanently closed for years now. You had a charbroiled burger medium with blue cheese and a side of fries. Your waiter’s name was Nick. The coca-cola you washed it all down with only cost 85 cents. -NM

Michael Leddy said...

Hah! If it were still the 1980s I might have crossed Webster and gone to the Splendid Coffee Shop. Cheeseburger Deluxe and an egg cream. I guess either lunch would be asking a lot of a dream.