Thursday, February 17, 2022

Fourth panel, fourth wall

[Nancy, May 7, 1949. Click for a larger view.]

It’s hot and stuffy in the first two panels, and Aunt Fritzi won’t let Nancy open a window: “I said NO.”

Yesterday’s Nancy is today’s Nancy. Today’s Nancy is also today’s Nancy — with robots!

Related reading
All OCA Nancy posts (Pinboard)

comments: 3

Elaine said...

Thanks for the tip. I winkled around in Settings and turned OFF a lot of stuff...and found the update had turned off the function.
I used JESUIT plus TANDEM and OPERA on the SatStumper and got most of the puzzle...52A and 53D elude me.
Once I gave up PENCE for RUPEE, much improvement....

Elaine said...

P.S. I always hated the Nancy comic. Why was Sluggo bald? Lice? Why was Nancy always in unflatterinng clothes that accentuated her pudgy figure?

Oh, I finally got the rest of the puzzle....BEE Keep? BEEs KNEES? (I know, I know) I *never think of rock groups

Michael Leddy said...

“Bee ____” was pretty sneaky.

Sluggo actually has a buzzcut. I think the tough question is how it is that he lives in a house by himself. Ernie Bushmiller said that he didn’t know, lol.

May I recommend How to Read Nancy. It’s 274 huge pages, only $29.99! : )