Wednesday, December 1, 2021

“Ontological underpinnings”

[“Drinking It All In.” Zippy, December 1, 2021. Click for a larger view.]

The setting for today’s Zippy : Lexington Candy Shop, at 83rd and Lexington. Back in 2019, I added it to an imaginary to-do list for the next trip to New York.

Related reading
All OCA Zippy posts (Pinboard)

comments: 3

Joe DiBiase said...

$13.50 for a banana split?! Hope they have balloons to pop.

Anonymous said...

You may have noticed on their PDF menu, Lexington Candy Shop still lists their exchange number!
-AC

Michael Leddy said...

I missed BUtterfield. Thanks, AC.

Joe, yes, the prices are steep. I would have to keep reminding myself that it’s, as they say, an experience, and that they’re paying New York rent (unless they own the building). But I’d probably end up feeling suckered and thinking I should’ve gone to Eddie’s Sweet Shop in Queens instead. When I was idly thinking about going to this place, I had no idea how expensive it is.