Friday, December 3, 2021

Letter Boxed lines

I’ve been doing Letter Boxed for some time now. But it was only this week that I realized that the Congrats screen shows the lines made by the words you’ve spelled. Watch:

 
 

And now:

comments: 4

shallnot said...

Funny...the one that I just tried didn’t stop me after the 6th word. I gave up after 36 words (I started resorting to plurals). I never did use the “J” and it wasn’t until the 15th word that I used the “S” and near the end the “M”. My cleverest one must have been “STOICISM”.

My first and probably last try at that. But, thanks for pointing it out.

Steven

Michael Leddy said...

I didn’t know you could go over — I’ll have to try, just to see if it still shows that you solved. I tend to do a lot of trial and error. I got the “j” today out of the way with “joint” or “joist,” then “tocsin” (which I know from a Gilgamesh translation), and I’m not sure what followed. I’m always amused by seeing how many killer words are just out of reach because of two letters on the same side. Are they meaning to torment us?

Joe DiBiase said...

I got "j" out of the way right away with "jumbo." My first attempt was going no where, so got it in 6 words on the 2nd try.

I agree about the frustration of letters on the same side.

Michael Leddy said...

I didn’t see “jumbo,” which I'm thinking might the best start. I tried in another browser and got “jumbo,” “odium,” “mints,” and “scrim.”