Sunday, January 3, 2021

“Give me a break”

“So what are we gonna do here, folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break”: Donald Trump* to Brad Raffensperger, Georgia’s secretary of state. Listen to the call. Or at least read the transcript (The Washington Post ). It’s our president playing Mafia boss as the country burns. He needs you to find him some votes though. Or what? “You know what they did and you’re not reporting it. That’s, you know, that’s a criminal, that’s a criminal offense. And you know, you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. That’s a big risk.”

[I changed “going to” in the Post transcript to “gonna” and made minor changes for accuracy. Also for accuracy: as Trump* says at other points, he needs 11,780 votes, which would give him the state by one vote. Which of course would look legit to anyone, right?]

comments: 0