Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Moleskine print fail

The paper in my 2026 Moleskine datebook is an improvement over that of years past: ink does not bleed through. A problem that I didn’t notice until I wrote with a thicker nib and found the ink slightly ghosting: the print on the recto and verso doesn’t always line up. It happens only on a few pages, but it shouldn’t happen at all, should it? (No, Michael, you’re absolutely right. It shouldn’t.)

[A crude photograph, taken with a flashlight shining through the page, and with the white point adjusted to make the paper look more like paper.]

I have issues with Moleskine quality control. In 2024 I wrote three posts telling the story of getting a defective Moleskine planner (sixteen days missing!) and attempting to get a refund: 1, 2, 3. I wondered then and wonder now if my e-mail correspondence with “Donne” at Moleskine Customer Care was really just correspondence with a bot. I wrote a letter too to Moleskine’s New York headquarters. No reply. Moleskine, sono pazzi.

Related reading
All OCA Moleskine posts (Pinboard)

[I am a prisoner of Moleskine. I prefer the design of their daily planner to that of Leuchtturm.]

comments: 0

Post a Comment

I moderate comments to avoid spam. Please be patient. Thanks.