Monday, September 7, 2026

Labor Day

[Nancy, September 7, 2026. Click for a larger view.]

Today’s Nancy borrows from Ricardo Levins Morales’s original, which itself borrows an old labor slogan.

Related reading
All OCA Nancy posts (Pinboard)

[I can’t say that I’m a fan of Caroline Cash’s Nancy. But I like today’s strip.]

2 comments:

  1. At Canadian Army Cadet camp we got paid and we worked the old five and a half day week.
    I'm glad society moved on to a five day week, and I'm. glad I never knew the six day week, back when Sunday was half-filled with church.

    The Teamsters Union magazine always had a page for "fifty years ago" to describe how harsh things once were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, you made me think of Charles Reznikoff’s Testimony, a massive poem made from court records, many of which are about horrific industrial accidents. Safety? What’s that?

    ReplyDelete

I moderate comments to avoid spam. Please be patient. Thanks.