Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Zippy ink

[“It Came from India.” Zippy, September 1, 2026. Click for a larger view.]

If there’s another comic strip that regularly mentions stationery supplies, I’d like to know about it. Today’s Zippy also mentions Wite-Out pens and correction tape. Supplies are everywhere in the strip’s history. F’rinstance.

For anyone who needs to know: you should never fill a fountain pen with India ink, which is for use with brushes and dip pens. I’m partial to Pelikan pens, and I long used Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black (not an India ink). At some point I switched to Aurora Black. Not cheap, but it’s one of the blackest black inks. And a bottle can last for years.

Venn reading
All OCA ink posts : ink and Zippy posts : Zippy posts (Pinboard)

[How to get that speckled look? My dad did it with ink, a piece of screening, and a toothbrush.]

comments: 0

Post a Comment

I moderate comments to avoid spam. Please be patient. Thanks.