Friday, November 19, 2021

Hi and Lois watch

[Hi and Lois, November 19, 2021. Click for a larger view.]

I am puzzled by the painting to the far left. Is it meant to suggest a recognizable work of art?

I am puzzled by today’s gradient. It’s one thing for a wall to be rendered with a gradient (happens often in this strip); it’s another for a wall to blend into a floor.

I am not puzzled by the green wall and blue sofa. That’s easy: the Flagstons are using a set left over from an Almodóvar movie.

Related reading
All OCA Hi and Lois posts (Pinboard)

comments: 3

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's a rendering of a Jeff Koons' balloon animal? ; )

I'm confused that the doorway in the first panel is yellow but in the second panel is a gradient. To me, Lois and her son look to be in the same room in both panels.

And why is the sofa blocking part of the doorway? Unless it was placed away from the wall.

Are we reading way too much into this??? ; )

Kirsten

Michael Leddy said...

If it is a Koons, I hope it’s the only one in the Flagston house.

I don’t understand the doorways either — I assumed they were different ones. If you read from day to day, you can see the furniture moving all over the house. Years ago there was a floor plan, but things have devolved since then. It’s not that we’re overthinking; it’s that they’re underthinking. I think.

Tororo said...

Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown situations abound in Hi and Lois: somebody must be Almodovar's secret admirer.