Thursday, March 25, 2021

Vaccination

It makes me happy whenever I hear that someone I know has received a COVID-19 vaccine. Yay, says I, every time.

Today Elaine and I got our first shots of the Moderna vaccine. Yay, says I.

And it makes me happy to see so many people getting vaccinated. Sometimes 800 a day, the nurse said. And that’s in deep-red downstate Illinois. Yay, says I.

comments: 5

Fresca said...

Yay!!’ Says I!
And me too, as you know.
It’s a good day. Evening. I’m going to bed early.

The Crow said...

I'm scheduled to receive my second Moderna on Saturday, courtesy the nearby VA clinic. Yay, indeed! The more of us who are vaccinated, the better our chances of eliminating this scourge, of saving more lives.

Michael Leddy said...

Yay, both of youse! : )

Daughter Number Three said...

Yay! Some day it will be me.

It seems as though for all of us who despair that it will never be us, it then turns out to happen suddenly.

Michael Leddy said...

That’s what happened here — we put our names in and got a call. Our daughter told us we should sign up. There’s apparently a Twitter theme about eldest daughters getting everyone signed up.