Monday, March 29, 2021

Making it plain

From the Derek Chauvin murder trial. Steve Schleicher, prosecutor, asks a question. Alisha Oyler, witness, responds:

“Now can you please explain to the jury, why did you continue to record what you were seeing here?”

“Because I just — I always see the police, they’re always messing with people. And it’s wrong and it’s not right."

You can see this exchange at C-SPAN (5:48:59).

comments: 4

Linda Sue said...

_"He was going to die anyway"-That is what I just heard from the defense...dear gawd!

Michael Leddy said...

Pretty disgusting to watch the defense performance. I don’t know how much of this I can watch.

Frex said...

The heart of the matter, right there. Thanks.
I can't stand to watch any of it.
As always I appreciate your artisinal curation of the news, as such.
Frex = Fresca

Michael Leddy said...

I think my curation might have begun and ended with this post. I watched several hours yesterday. I can only imagine how it must feel to be someone who lives every day with a well-founded fear of being harassed or harmed or killed by police.