Tuesday, March 30, 2021

The Blackwing clamp, 100 years old

The excellent blog pencil talk notes the March 29, 1921 filing of the patent for the clamp that became a distinctive feature of the Eberhard Faber Blackwing 602 pencil: Happy 100th anniversary, Blackwing clamp!

comments: 4

The Subliminal Mr Dunn said...

I know that pencils rather than pens are your thing, Michael. I'm keen on them both, as I try to get back into the handwriting habit. It's hard work, I can tell you! What I would really like to do - if this doesn't sound too crazy - is to get my handwriting sufficiently legible, for it to be converted into text by one of those digital notepads like Remarkable 2 or Onyxx Boox Note Air. I like the idea but the price is far too high.

Michael Leddy said...

Pens for me too, Barnaby — a Pelikan 800 fountain pen, a couple of Kawecos, and various gel pens and ballpoints. I find that the readability of my writing varies a lot with different pens. Fountain pens, gel pens, and the Parker Jotter are best for me. Or pencils.

Stephen said...

Thank you for the mention. This small invention had a pretty good run.

Michael Leddy said...

I’m happy that you caught the date, Stephen.