Tuesday, August 11, 2020

The legacy Blogger interface

My hope that the new Blogger interface was proving to be a New Coke is evaporating. I found Orange Crate Art switched over this morning. On my phone in Mobile View (iOS, Safari), I saw no way to switch back. On my Mac, the option to revert to the (so-called) legacy interface is still available. But the promise that “the legacy interface will still be optionally available” is now gone.

Good grief: does one just toss away a legacy? No. A legacy should get preferential treatment and be admitted to a top school despite a mediocre or less than mediocre academic record. Google, please treat the legacy Blogger interface accordingly and give it every unmerited advantage available.

*

9:00 a.m.: The message just now on a Blogger page I created to try out the new interface: “In July, the new Blogger interface will become the default for all users. The legacy interface will still be optionally available.”

comments: 2

J D Lowe said...

I'm still using the legacy interface, and did a post just a few minutes ago with it. Sometimes when I log into Blogger it shows the banner about using the new interface and how the new one will be going away in July (!), and sometimes it doesn't. Today it didn't.

Michael Leddy said...

The carelessness and lack of communication from this company are prett disappointing. I guess I just have to remind myself that it’s just a handful of people working from a spare bedroom. We can’t expect too much. :)