Saturday, August 29, 2020

Play Music on the Porch Day

[Better late than never.]

It’s (still) Play Music on the Porch Day.

Elaine and I played this morning, viola and guitar, for twenty or thirty people, using the available shade in our front yard. Everyone was masked and keeping proper distance. Our set list:

On a Little Street in Singapore : I Cover the Waterfront : Georgia on My Mind : Sweet Georgia Brown : Lullaby of the Leaves : Can’t Help Lovin’ Dat Man : It Had to Be You : Nice Work If You Can Get It : The Song Is You : Nuages : Alfalfa Medley: I’m in the Mood for Love /I’m Thru with Love : Love Is Here to Stay : Pennies from Heaven : In a Mizz : Boulevard of Broken Dreams : Walk Away Renee : Orange Crate Art : Speak Low : Molambo : When Day Is Done

And now, in the words of Ringo Starr, “I got blisters on my fingers!” Really. I’ve written most of this post with dictation.

We are already planning to do it again, and we’re not waiting until next August. On our list: Irving Berlin, Duke Ellington, Charles Mingus, Willard Robison, Fats Waller, and “Love’s Old Sweet Song.” And maybe no blisters.

[Last live music before today: as a listener, March 8; as a player, March 13.]

comments: 2

The Crow said...

I miss your and Elaine's live music posts. Maybe after your blisters heal?

Michael Leddy said...

Okay, we will.