Wednesday, April 29, 2020

“Or a college of any kind”

Responding to a question about his contact with families of coronavirus patients, Donald Trump* yesterday went off in all directions. The slap here comes at the end:

”I think that the whole concept of computer learning is wonderful, but it’s not — tele-, telelearning. But it’s not the same thing as being in a classroom in a great college, or a college of any kind.“
Also: “telelearning”?

[My transcription.]

comments: 4

Fresca said...

"tele-socializing"

Michael Leddy said...

That’s the telefacing, I guess. I hear many people saying it’s a great thing. Apple. Tim Apple.

He’s riffing on “telemedicine,” I guess, which he thinks of as something new. “Telelearning” does have some use, but it’s hardly the term of choice, as far as I can tell. Distance learning, hybrid classes, online classes, those are what people talk about.

Fresca said...

"tele-speaking": when one is far away from effective communication

Michael Leddy said...

That is he. :)