Sunday, April 26, 2020

“Nobles”

Earlier today, Donald Trump* ranted about reporters receiving “Noble Prizes for their work on Russia, Russia, Russia.” He suggested that they return “their cherished ‘Nobles’” so that they can be given to “the REAL REPORTERS & JOURNALISTS who got it right.” Bonus laugh line: “I can give the Committee a very comprehensive list.” He also suggested that the “Noble Committee” demand the return of the prizes. Now the Noble tweets are gone. (Read them here.) But there’s this:


I hereby vow to explain all my typos, spelling errors, glitches in syntax, gaps in knowledge, and lapses in judgment as sarcasm. But I don’t expect to be any more convincing than our shambles of a president is.

It’s Twenty-fifth Amendment time.

comments: 2

Zhoen said...

It has been since the 'election'.

Michael Leddy said...

Oh, I agree. I was going to write “It has always been Twenty-fifth Amendment time,” but that sounded to me too much like Nineteen Eighty-Four. But it always has been, and he’s always been unfit.