Tuesday, September 12, 2017

New glasses

New glasses, so a new photograph in the sidebar. Thank you, Elaine. (For the photograph, I mean.) I think the glasses look rather spiffy. As does the Ethnic Music Festival poster in the background. I found that poster in 1979, in the vicinity of Columbia University. The festival date had passed, so the poster became mine. Only years later, as a full-fledged grown-up, did I get it framed.

I followed, more or less, the convoluted procedure in this post to create a new Profile. (Google does not make things easy.) One difference: it’s no longer necessary to get a screenshot of a photograph with a border added; a border for some reason now shows up automatically.

Is my beard really that white? Only in photographs.

[A question for Google: when you look at a Blogger Profile page and click on View Full Size, why is the resulting photograph smaller than the one on the Profile page?]

comments: 4

Fresca said...

Very spiffy!

I miss the coffee cup though. (Was there a coffee cup? Or was it a tea pot? The brain is vague on the details.)

Michael Leddy said...

Thank you, Fresca.

Yes, there was a cup, also one of those little pots for milk or boiling water. I’d have to look to be sure. (Not near the computer right now.)

Michael Leddy said...

It held milk. I looked at this post, which describes our experience in that attractive-looking but far from sanitary dinner.

Fresca said...

Thanks for checking.
I was just reading about how we look at pictures--the eye mostly takes in the salient features (faces, mostly)--so true, I couldn't get the cup and pot to come into focus---but now you've SAID it, I can fill them in!